Board of Directors April 18, 2019

April 30, 2019



Board of Directors

April 18, 2019

Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 5:30, Lady Bird Club House

Present: Leonard Bentch, Adam Starr, Shane Schmidt, Bruce Reeh, Jim Penn, Ron Moerbe, Chris Mead.

Minutes:  Minutes of March meeting accepted as distributed by email

Financial Report:

Admin fund $1002.80.

Foundation fund $44,922.01.

General membership meeting:  Motion approved to pay bill for food and beverages $653.50.

Motion approved to retain Jan Hahne for preparation of 2018 IRS return.

Leonard, Jim and Adam will meet with her on May 2.

Election of Officers:

President:  Leonard Bentch

Vice President:  Jim Penn

Secretary:  Ron Moerbe

Treasurer:  Adam Starr

Social Media:  Chris McDade

Fund Raising:  Jim Penn

Junior Golf:  Shane Schmidt

FISD Liaison:  Leonard will approach Janie about being liaison


Motion approved:

Send notice to City Manager of termination of FOLB and Council Resolution of March 2009

File forms for termination of FOLB as Non- Profit Corp to Secretary of State.


Golf Simulator

Projector and computer functional

Laser not present.  Leonard will discuss with John Phelps, Wellness Center manager

Hitting net still not assembled; awaiting FISD maintenance support

Golf Trailer

Bruce and Shane will research trailers and get bids that include shelves and stenciling on the sides.  Recalling a conversation with Brasher at FHS he said we did not need to go through the Boosters.  Tim Kaman can give us a receipt for the trailer for our records.

Funds to out of town tournaments

We discussed paying for motels for overnight stays for long golf trips and it was decided to discuss this with the Boosters and attempt to find someone we can easily connect to.


On the 7th of May Chris and friends will teach classes at the Elementary school on how to use the SNAG-like golf equipment.


First is scheduled for the last weekend in April and then on alternate Fridays and Saturdays

Fund Raising:

Four fund raising events in 2019:

The Spring Fling,

Party at Boot Ranch on June 5,

Tournament on September 9.

Birdies for Billies.

Jim to meet with Calloux Foundation concerning grant for Junior Golf

New Business:

Annual meeting:

Consider different format for 2020 (joining junior clinic, hot dogs, etc.)

Will decide before next meeting

Leonard will be absent from May 7 to July.

Adjourned at 6:40

Ron Moerbe


Board of Directors March 13, 2019

April 30, 2019




March 13, 2019

Called to order at 5:40.  Those present were Chris Mead, Leonard Bentch, Dennis Henke, Adam Starr, Bruce Reeh, Ron Moerbe.

The purpose of this meeting was to prepare for the General Membership Meeting.  No minutes were read and no treasurers report which will be given at the annual meeting next week.

The program for the annual meeting was presented and discussed.  The goal is to gain acceptance by the membership of the FOLB board’s proposal to terminated FOLB, Inc, revise the Foundation bylaws to be a stand-alone entity, and to adopt a new mission statement.  Dennis volunteered Donna Henke to help with check in.

If the general membership votes to terminate FOLB, the current board would be terminated as well.  Several current FOLB board members have stated their wish to continue on the Foundation Board:  Jim, Brian, Brad, Ron, Leonard, Bruce, Adam, and Janie.  The need for additional board members with skills in accounting, finance, social media, fund raising, legal, and liaison with FISD was discussed.

Leonard spoke of his and Jim’s conversation with FISD officials and said they were surprisingly open to our continued support and would be happy to entertain any assistance in the way of a trailer or a long term plan to support a Golf Haus.  Details will be discussed at the General Membership Meeting.

Chris volunteered to print clinic flyers, get some junior golfers to the meeting and arrange the room as desired.

Meeting adjourned at 6:35

Ron Moerbe


Board of Directors February 20, 2019

April 30, 2019



Board of Directors

February 20, 2019

Meeting called to order at 5:30

Those attending were Leonard Bentch, Brad Schneider, Ron Moerbe, Adam Starr, Brian Fairchild, Jim Penn,

Eric Zey, Dennis Henke, Chris Meade.


Minutes of January 14 meeting were approved as published.

Treasurers Report

Checking $1002.80.  Junior Golf Foundation $54,880.98.


 Moved and seconded and passed to close FOLB INC.

FOLB, Inc. holds City Council Resolution of March 9, 2009

After Gen Membership meeting, notify city attorney relative to Resolution responsibility

Moved and seconded and passed to present the revised bylaws for ratification

Foundation hold IRS 501 c 3 certificate

Foundation will be stand-alone corporation

Includes Assumed Name “Junior Golf of Fredericksburg.”

General Membership Meeting


Scheduled for March 20, at 6:30 pm.

Ron will arrange refreshments

Brad volunteered to gather golf photos of Billies golfers for background pictures at the meeting.

Program: Governance:  Leonard

Corporate changes

Close FOLB,Inc

Ratify bylaws changes

Election of board members

Leonard is asking board members to decide if they will continue to serve

We are recruiting board members with specific skills

social media, legal, treasurer, fund raising, etc

Officers are elected by board at next meeting

Program: Junior Golf: Jim

Junior Golf Program





Team support

Fund Raising

Birdies for Billies

Spring Fling

Boot Ranch tournament:  September 9

Long range plans

Consider intermediate projects: team trailer, vehicle, other

Future:  Golf Haus, par three course


FHS team

Chris is an approved vendor for FHS making purchases much easier

The bulk of equipment ordered has arrived with the exception of some odd seizes.

We did not order umbrellas so will do so now.

It is almost time to put in the fall order to insure prime selections.

Leonard said again it is necessary to create some alliances with the major players at FHS.

Jim and Leonard will meet with FISD superintendent on Monday to facilitate interaction


FHS has not installed the simulator (delivered in November)

Several expressed general frustration with FHS staff

Wellness Center management has asked about status of simulator

Jim will contact John Hext to offer our help


Clinics begin April 6 and will be posted on various sites.  Clinics will be held on Fridays and Saturdays.  The summer schedule will be posted for June and July soon.

Chris stated he needed an additional four sets of clubs of longer length.  Approval granted.

Fund Raising

Birdies For Billies

Golfer Hal Sutton has begun his program and raised more than $500 the first week

Hal will donate $10 for each birder

Flyers with link to pledge emailed to everyone on our lists

Anticipated donation up to $10,000

Annual Junior Golf Fund Raiser Tournament

Our annual tourney is scheduled for September 9, 2019 at Boot Ranch.

Planning begins at April board meeting

Spring Fling

Organized by Carol Penn

Pledging 10% of proceeds to Junior Golf Foundation



Jim and his niece have begun creation on SquareSpace

Needs phots:  Brad will gather FHS team photos


Notice of General Membership meeting in this week’s edition plus up to date of meeting

Notice of Junior Golf Clinics

Next meeting will be on March 13 at 5:30, the week before General Membership meeting

.Adjourned at 6:45   Ron Moerbe secy

Board of Directors January 16, 2019

February 2, 2019




January 16, 2019

Called to order at 5:30

Present: Brad Schneider, Dennis Henke, Bruce Reeh, Eric Zey Jim Penn, Janie Schneider, Chris Mead, Ron Moerbe.

Minutes:  Approved as dispersed.

Treasurer’s Report: FOLB Inc $59,878.04, FOLB Admin $1002.80

Disbursements: To Date $17,289.73


Chris will purchase all the equipment and clothing for the school golf team members.  He will submit receipts to Foundation for payment.  The Golf Coaches will manage the disbursement, return and storage of all items per UIL rules.  It was decided not pursue the Billie Booster route as FISD does not have access to all of the necessary golf equipment and clothing accounts.

Golf team February schedule is as follows:

Boys – 2/15 & 2/16 at TPC                                        Girls – 2/11 at Llano River Course

Boys – 2/19 at Bandera Flying L                 Girls – 2/20 at Bandera Flying L

Boys – 2/25 & 2/26 at Plume Creek


Temporarily suspended until mid March due to weather considerations.

Clinics will be held on Friday and Saturday alternate weeks.  Plans for wide publication through Newspaper, Facebook, and all websites (School, Lady Bird, Boot Ranch and Foundation).  Chris suggested we recruit a high school student to post items to Instagram since this is most highly utilized by students.  Jim will speak to Tim and John about a possible candidate.  Clinic equipment has been ordered and is being readied for shipment.


Jim noted it is imperative that we choose a date for the annual golf tourney now since businesses are planning their budgets.  He plans to speak to Emil Hale at Boot Ranch next week to firm up a suitable date and publish immediately.  Once a date is chosen, Jim will craft a letter to all donors, sponsors, etc. announcing the date, highlighting 2018 achievements and 2019 plans.  It was suggested that our big plan is a Golf Haus that we would fund construction on FHS property.  It was also suggested that we would need to fund maintenance of the Golf Haus.

Jim also announced a new fundraising campaign called “Birdies for Billies”.  We will solicit donations for every birdie that Hal Sutton makes on the Champions Tour.  Boot Ranch will track and publish Hal’s performance after every tournament.  This was done a few years ago and raised enough money to buy new playground equipment for FES.


Bruce has updated the Bylaws and is waiting for final review and approval.  Eric suggested using a spreadsheet for financial reporting at this time.  We can consider something more sophisticated like QuickBooks later.


Jim will submit our logos to ensure no patent issues.  We discussed updating the Foundation website using Squarespace vs WordPress.  Chris suggested that Ines (Jim’s niece) and Cristina work directly to share photos and ideas.  We should have a mock-up of the website for the next meeting.

Janie mentioned that Coach Kaman uses Twitter to communicate to his social network.  It was suggested that we could approach him about posting some of our information.

New Business

The annual membership meeting is scheduled for March.  Date and agenda to be determined.

Current board members were requested to identify board member candidates and be prepared to discuss at the next meeting.  It was suggested that these candidates should have skills that will fill our needs (i.e. account, social media, fundraising, etc.)

Meeting adjourned 6:30

Ron Moerbe, Secy

Board of Directors December 19

December 24, 2018



Board of Directors

December 19, 2018

Call to Order:  Meeting called to order at 5:35 PM, Lady Bird Club House

Minutes:  November meeting minutes were approved as electronically submitted

Board members present: Leonard Bentch, Bruce Reeh, Brian Fairchild, Brad Schneider, Ron Moerbe, Jim Penn.

Treasurer’s report: Jim

Checking                       $  1,002.80

Foundation                    $60,216.54

Junior Golf

Tournament:  Jim

Jim presented detailed income/expense report

Income:  Teams            $21,250.00

Sponsors       $  7,778.00

Expenses (net)              $  2,831.00

Net Profit                        $26,197.00


Budget for FHS             $  9,415.00     Boys and Girls teams (5 players each)

Funding direct to FISD comptroller

Apparel, umbrella, range finders, etc

Motion approved to add backpacks and increase to 6 players (alternate)

Budget approved unanimously

Golf Simulator

Now at FHS

Waiting for removal of ceiling to accommodate 11’ height

Suggested FHS staff investigate laser, software, projector

Will need to re-establish license, download software, etc.

Keep Wellness Center informed to progress

Booster Club

No contact yet with Cindy Gallagher, president

Consensus to work through Billie Boosters

Funds direct to FISD

FISD will own the equipment

Students return equipment at end of season

Need to establish relationship and Jr. Golf Rep


Will need to stay up to date on rules/regulations

Working through Billie Boosters best for now

All funds to be submitted with detailed purchase list

Require receipt of purchased equipment for tax purposes


Equipment delivered to FES

Training date inadvertently missed, will reschedule

Golf Clinics


Chris submitted budget request:  $5024.50 plus $200 shipping

Assorted clubs for juniors, R & L handed

Budget approved unanimously

Clinic sessions

Limited during winter and holiday season

New schedule for 2019 to be developed


Bylaws:  Bruce

First draft discussed at length:  main changes

Foundation stand-alone entity

Include Assumed Business Name: Junior Golf Foundation

Board decrease to 9 members from community

No ex-officio members

Touchstone GM to be on Board of Directors

Board members: actively support organization and attend

Recruit new members for skills and interest

Complete draft to be discussed at next meeting

Prepare to present to Gen Membership Meeting in March

Financial reporting

Use spread sheet and complete 1099 forms manually

IRS EZ forms for revenues <$200,000



Brad will submit articles re:  FHS teams to newspaper

Jim to work on Website with help from his niece

FaceBook still an option…waiting for first of the year


Slight changes made to differ from original drawing

Silhouette alone, Silhouette plus script, script alone

No evidence that logo is used by other group

Will look into getting Trade Mark rights

Annual member meeting

Schedule for March

Close FOLB, Inc.

Revise Bylaws for Foundation

Elect new board members

Notify City Attorney re:  No longer bound by Resolution

Meeting adjourned at 6:40

Next meeting:  January 16, 2019

Secretary,  Ron Moerbe

November Board Meeting

December 2, 2018

FOLB/ FOLB FOUNDATION          Board of Directors           November 14, 2018

Called to order at 5:30, Lady Bird Club House

Present:  Adam Starr, Chris Mead, Leonard Bentch, Brian Fairchild, Eric Zey, Bruce Reeh, Ron Moerbe, Jim Penn.

Minutes of October 3 meeting accepted

Treasurer’s Report:  Accepted


Administrative account:                                                             $   1002.80

Junior Golf Foundation account:                                             $ 61899.08

Total assets:                                                                                  $ 62901.88


Junior Golf Clinics:

Professional fees                                                           $  5625.00

Golf Equipment

SNAG                                   $  1200.00                                                                                                     FISD

Practice shirts                                                                $      77.92

Golf Hats                                                                         $   791.64


Expenses:                                                                                       $  2831.00


Players                                               $21250.00

Sponsors                                            $ 7718.00

Total                                                                                 $29028.00

Net:                                                                                                $26197.00


Junior Golf Tournament

  •  Tax letters sent to all sponsors/donors
  • Suggestions for next year’s tournament:
    • Start soliciting sponsors months in advance.
      • Be better organized [or be organized] form committees for players, tournament underwriters.
      • Leverage FOLB board and other members for networking wouldbe sponsors.
    • Create multiple levels for sponsors
      • Platinum $1-2,000
      • Gold $500.
      • Silver to under write tourney costs.
    • Expand silent auctions.
    • Advertise and communicate expansively before the event.
    • Schedule event in summer or early fall and have a fall back date.
      • Saturday would best.
    • Involve FHS students as caddies if it is not prohibited by ILU.
    • Need to serve breakfast, tacos, coffee, pastries.
  • Committees: Tournament-
    • Budget/planning
    • Food, beverage
    • Check in
    • Awards
    • Players-solicitations, tracking, gifts, communications,
    • Sponsors-strategy [levels] ,planning, execution, silent auction.

 Discussion Pertaining to Meshing with FISD

  • Jim and Leonard met with the Jeff Brasher, FISD Superintendent about UIL rules that govern donations to the golf teams. Jim has been in contact with UIL director in Austin, Mr. Martinez. Our goal is to make golf affordable to all kids in our area.  UIL rules state that financial support for any activities that occur during school time must be funded through the school system, any equipment including apparel used by the students must be returned to the school, PGA (non school staff) professional instruction not allowed during school time.  If there is a rules violation, the school (staff and team) are the culpable parties.
  • Adam has reviewed UIL regulations and will continue to stay updated
  • Junior Golf Foundation could establish a scholarship fund that provides equipment and instruction but would have to open to all applicants. Specific criteria could be established.
  • Options: Joining the Billies Boosters Club or starting our own Boosters club.
    • A lively discussion ensued. Leonard noted that we are not in the business of raising a bank account and we need to spend the money in a timely and transparent manner.  The central issue is arbitrating between on school and off school time for students.  The consensus is to work through the established Billie Booster Club for now.  Adam will speak with Cindy Gallagher, President
  • Initial plan: work with FISD staff to develop list of needed equipment such as uniforms, range finders, rain gear, and push carts.  These could be funded by giving a block grant to the Booster Club for specific use for the golf team.
  • Golf simulator
    • The simulator was picked up from WC by FISD and is being set up
    • Anticipate that the system is scalable and can be upgraded
    • Probably will need new projector, possibly new laser
    • Software downloaded to iPhone or iPad
    • Cost for new indoor set up through RainorShine is about $6000

Junior Golf Clinics:

Chris was asked if he needed clubs for his clinics.  He opined that it would be helpful if he had a budget of $10,000 to purchase a cache of clubs and just replace as needed.  He urged us to invest heavily in grades 6-8.  These will bear the bulk of fruit for our investment.  He said he would purchase tee shirts for his clinics to identify first time students.


  • Eric: IRS reporting requirements for <$200,000 allow EZ form
    • Quick Books may be the answer for our bookkeeping
    • He will speak to CPA Brad Finley and report back.
  • Leonard:
    • Close FOLB, Inc and notify city will no longer be concerned with 2009 resolution
    • FOLB Foundation will be stand along entity
      • Bruce will draft revision of FOLB Foundation bylaws
      • IRS 501 c 3 status belongs to the Foundation
    • Provide back ground checks for all who teach kids in clinics
  • General Membership Meeting
    • Plan to schedule in February
    • Will elect new board members and officers
      • Must have active board members who will attend meetings, take initiative and responsibility for projects.
      • Adam will speak to Cindy for recommendation of Billie Booster to be on board


  • Logo:
    • General consensus to use unisex golfer silhouette alone as logo without surrounding circle
    • Chris suggests that as FMS/FHS colors are red/black, most likely color would be


  • Use “Junior Golf Foundation of Fredericksburg” on stationary, etc.
  • Website: Jim will update to reflect Junior Golf Foundation as primary mission
  • FaceBook: Jim is considering becoming user for Golf Foundation

Adjourned at 6:55

RON MOERBE, Secretary

Board of Directors October 3 2018

October 4, 2018

FOLB Foundation & FOLB, Inc.

Meeting called to order at 5:31 at Lady Bird Club House.

Present were Brian Fairchild, Eric Zey, Leonard Bentch, Jim Penn, Ron Moerbe, Brad Schneider, Adam Starr, Chris Meade.

Minutes from previous meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer report:  Donna is out of town, no report available.

Tournament:  Jim Penn


Approximately $56,000 in the Foundation fund

In excess of $1,000 in the admin fund.

21 teams (84 players) are paid up or will be prior to Monday.

We have $1500 coming in from JP Morgan and some sponsors.

To date we have received $21,000 from players and $10,852 from sponsors.

The ad to thank sponsors will be $680

Predicted approximately $3000 for total expenses.

We expect to clear $25-26,000.  Abbie Jones has helped tremendously.


Boot Ranch practice range opens at 8 am.

We will park in the lot and  someone will pick you and your clubs up and take           you to your locker.

Gather at 9:15 at  the Pavilon.

A letter will be provided to team captains for distribution detailing further details.

There will be beer [bottled and keg] rum, Tacos, hot dogs, chips, dips.

Prizes for first, second, third teams, long drive and CTP discussed

Logo:  Jim Penn

Jim displayed several logos and they were discussed but not agreed upon.

Criteria:  readily identifiable, simple, monochromatic

Anticipate two logos:  silhouette for sewing, circle with Jr. Golf for silk screen

Work continues.

SNAG:  Jim Penn

SNAG equipment has been purchased for $1200

Plan is to give to FES

Jody Wilder has been identified as PE coach

Chris offered to provide training

Golf Simulator:  Leonard

Wellness Center has agreed to make the simulator available to be sure it works

FISD staff is searching for an adequate location

Hopeful Wellness Center will donate if it works and can be updated

FISD golf teams:  Jim Penn

Hats purchased and distributed for the golf teams

Team shirts needed:  measurements for the teams requested

Future purchases may include shorts and trousers, belts, shoes, small back packs.


We discussed how to promote our services to FISD and get them actively and    monetarily  involved.

We must plan more events and perhaps invite the primary persons to our meetings.

We need to find ways to communicate with the school golfing staff.

Brad reported the boys team placed fifth place against tough completion at River        Crossing last weekend.

Governance:  Leonard

Review of IRS documents show Federal EIN with 501 c3 belongs to FOLB    Foundation

Should be straight forward to close FOLB, Inc.

Plan to revise bylaws prior to the general membership meeting in January


The three main issues facing us are governance issues, branding and school relationships.

Next meeting:

May have to change date as Wednesday, November 21 is Thanksgiving weekend.

Meeting adjourned at 6:40

Rom Moerbe


Board of Directors September 13, 2018

September 17, 2018


Board of Directors

Meeting called to order at 5:05

Present: Adam Starr, Bruce Reeh, Janie Schneider-Guynes, Leonard Bentch, Jim Penn, Brad Fairchild, Dennis Henke, Donna Henke, Brad Schneider, Ron Moerbe.

Minutes of August meeting:

Approved as amended with changing tournament contestants from 40 to 80.

Treasurer Report:

$387.80 in the admin fund and $46,036.21 in foundation funds.  With an additional $3250 in sponsorship funds to deposit.

Tournament details:

Jim reports that 15 teams have committed, 5 teams have paid, and five more teams are needed. Sponsorships have generated $3250.  Additional pledges from Hermann and Sons Insurance (Dennis Henke) and Bruce Reeh Construction (Bruce Reeh) for $500 each. Other potential sponsors include Alstat Brewery to donate beer and Iron Goat rum to donate product and cocktails.  Cost commitments to date are approximately $3250 for meals, tokens, hats, divot tools, tees, balls and koozies for player prizes.  Discussion was held about buying a permanent trophy to be inscribed with the winning team.  The purpose would to market the tournament and increase visibility for Junior Golf.  Decision made to consider a plaque that could have names added over the years to be displayed at Lady Bird.  More information concerning style and pricing to follow.  Decision made to provide prizes for first place ( sterling silver ball markers donated by Champs Jewelry), second place (wine tour or products), and third place logo golf ball  (Brian will donate 2 boxes of Boot Ranch, Leonard will donate two boxes of Lady Bird —-the two types to be mixed so each player gets one box).


Fredericksburg Golf Team:  The team needs money to participate in a tourney at TPC SA.  It was moved, seconded and approved to donate $250 to this cause.  Jim will be sure that Junior Golf Foundation gets notice at FISD including Booster Club.

TrackMan:  The Wellness Center owns a TrackMan system for golf instruction but has not used it for several years.  Leonard will speak with JP at the Wellness Center to find out availability for purchase, lease, or partnership so that the system can be set up at FHS.  Important will be assurance that the system is not obsolete.

SNAG:  Jim will speak to Tim Kaman to find available persons at Middle School about placement of SNAG equipment and instruction before seeking approval from the Superintendent.   Chris and Alex have offered to train FISD personnel. Jim will find out about the SNAG equipment at Boot Ranch:  exactly what is available and price.

Junior Clinics:  Chris is holding junior golf clinics every other Saturday for the foreseeable future.  A full schedule is available on Face Book.

Jim discussed plans to pay instructors $75 per hour.  Each clinic lasts about 2 hours, not every instructor is involved in all clinics, so this way each of the instructors will be compensated for the time each spends teaching the kids.  Compensation will be provided at intervals, probably seasonally.

Fun After Five:

To be held at Lady Bird on September 20.  Our cost is$250.  Chamber supplies a table and table cloth.  Plans are to use junior golf club set, 8X11 flyers for tournament and summer clinics, plus give-aways of golf tees and koozies for display.  A sign-up sheet will be available for potential donors, volunteers, and golf tournament.  Volunteers include Donna, Dennis, Adam, Eric, Leonard.  Janie will invite the golf team to visit and participate after their practice.


It was agreed to hold a meeting on Wednesday October 3rd and every third Wednesday of the month thereafter at LBJGC at 5:30.

Meeting adjourned 6:05

Ron Moerbe, Secty

Board of Directors

September 1, 2018


Meeting called to order at 5:30.  Those present included Leonard Bentch, Chris Mead, Dennis Henke, Eric Zey, Bruce Reeh, Jim Penn, Brad Schneider, Brian Fairchild, Adam Starr, Ron Moerbe.

TREASURER”S REPORT:  $500 in the administrative fund and $42,138.41 in the junior golf fund.  It was noted that Donna wants to know what checks to buy.  Leonard says buy the three to a page with stubs and charge to administrative fund.  Treasurer will set up a ledger specifically to account for revenues and funds and expenses from tourney.  Jim offered to provide IRS letters to players to support tax deductions. There is no cost involved, the entrance fee is completely tax free.

OCTOBER TOURNEY:   A mom with kids in the junior golf program, Erica Benefield, offered to help raise funds.  Jim will make her chair person in charge of contacting firms wishing to set up tents, signs, etc. The tourney will be a shotgun start at 9:30 and be limited to 40 players.  Checks can be mailed to 341 Golfers Loop, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624.  Checks should be made FOLB Foundation or Junior Golf Foundation.  Each team must designate a team captain charged with gathering each players name, address and email address so tax deductible info can be sent.  After golf there will be a gathering for prizes and awards at the pavilion.  A drink cart will be available and each participant will be given two drink tickets good for beer or soft drinks.  No cash or credit cards will be utilized.  Additional tickets may be purchased.

Jim will contact Boot Ranch concerning lunch and other amenities.  He will also contact Cindy Gallager, chair of the Booster Club to raise interest.  Donna and Dennis will be out of town prior to the event and Jim will take over the the job of dealing with the checks.  It was not decided whether to award prizes, what type, or wether to give a trophy.  To be determined.

MISCELLANEOUS:  Several examples for a logo were advanced and discussed but it was decided to tweak this item for later action.  Chris said he may have to rethink his junior golf classes because of the massive amount of turmoil at the begining of school and competing interests.  He is planning to try two Saturdays a month.

Discussion was held concerning our next meeting since it will interfere with Fun After 5 scheduled to be held at Lady Bird and we need to be represented there.  It was agreed to meet on Thursday September 13 at 5 pm  and participate in the Fun After 5 program on September 20.

Reimbursements for instructors: Accountant’s advice is to use 1099 form.  We can reimburse instructors at intervals during the year and in round dollar amounts.  A policy for reimbursement will be worked out.  Jim will speak to Boot Ranch people.

Jim and Leonard will meet with FISD to gain and discuss our support for FMS and FHS golf teams.  Additionally. FOLB will offer SNAG equipment for elementary school if a golf instructor can be found.  Chris offered to provide instructor training’

Meeting adjourned at 6:30


Ron Moerbe

Board of Directors

August 22, 2018

Friends of Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Golf Course, Inc.

Friends of Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Golf Course, Foundation, Inc.

Board of Directors

JULY 18, 2018

Meeting called to order at 5:30.

Present were Brian Fairchild, Adam Starr, Chris Meade, Leonard Bentch, Ron Moerbe, Donna and Dennis Henke, Eric Zey, Bruce Reeh.

Treasurer’s Report: Donna reported $32,518.41 foundation funds but will transfer $500 back into the general as per by laws.

Minutes:  Accepted as stated.

Junior golf:

Discussion was about renaming the foundation fund name to further distinguish it from FOLB. Dennis suggested we name it something that does not begin with Fredericksburg, such as Junior Golf Foundation of Fredericksburg.  It was voted and approved.  Leonard met with an attorney and tax consultant: plan to consolidate the two corporations will require board resolution and vote at next general membership meeting at the first of the year.  Foundation Bylaws will need to be revised to state FOLB as stand-alone foundation and accepted by general membership.  City Council resolution seems moot subsequent to decision by city to contract with private management company.

Boot Ranch Tourney

Brian says they can accept 40 teams and will provide carts, lunch and prizes.  To be held on October 8, 2018, at a cost of $250 per individual.  Brian will contact Imel concerning a flyer.  Leonard will provide info to Chris and he will make up a sign-up sheet.  FOLB members will have first call on spaces then the general public.  Various board members will contact businesses about sponsoring holes.  Leonard will inform LGA and SSMGA.

Chris and golf clinics

He has two scheduled and then stops for August and resume later due to turmoil of starting school, etc.

Changes at FISD

Christy Danceis the new AD for girls.  Coach Moffet remains the ADT for boys.  New coaching staff changes to be announced.

Reimbursing pros for lessons

Chris could not give a figure for their services.  Leonard said we would not get into giving 1099’s.  It was decided to research the easiest way to reward the pros without a legal hassle.  Leonard will research this.  The board will set the rates of reimbursement.

Adjourned at 6:25

Ron Moerbe, Secretary